Wednesday, February 27, 2013

State of Eat MKE 3 (wow 3 years... )


Hey Friends of Eat MKE!

I know Dy Mixes has been posting on this blog since I went MIA, and all I can say is THANKS DY!

Where have I been? Ok well one I got married. Yup I met the perfect girl and I put a ring on it. So that happened. And then... I stopped posting. Why? Part I was lazy, and two well this blog doesn't exactly make me money.

Please bear with me. If I go to a restaurant and pay to eat there and then pull out a camera and take pictures of the food, that costs me money and pretty much makes going out to eat with my wife a job. Which would be fine if we got paid... but we do not sadly....

If I spend time contacting restaurants and getting to hang out with their chef and take photos that costs me a night at work and some restaurants don't really understand what I'm doing ( giving them fucking free fucking advertising Fuck!) so that kind of sucks.

I'm trying to figure out a way that this blog doesn't cost me money so I can get back at it. Which is why I stopped paying for Eatmke.com. Which is why my website is gone. Which is fine, the website only ever pointed web traffic to this blog so... no big deal.

I originally wanted to use this blog as a way for restaurants in and around Milwaukee to showcase what they do well. I am still going to try to make that happen.

I now wait tables at a well-known steakhouse. It's been great and I've been able to leave my job at the French bistro I have worked at for the past 5 years. So I have more time on my hands... so of course this leads to a semi drunk blog update... and a promise of more Eat MKE updates.

So if you read this blog please shoot me an email at eatmke@gmail.com let me know what’s on your mind. Ideas people?

Otherwise enjoy this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sDEm3t3vro&list=PLA1B99FBEF642CDDD

No comments:

Post a Comment