Thursday, April 5, 2012

Thirsty Thursday: Hendrick's Berry Fizz

"Do not cease to drink beer, to eat, to intoxicate thyself, to make love, and celebrate the good days."

Ancient Egyptian Proverb


Name: Dy

Bar: Waukesha Chancery



How: did you get your start bartending?


I started bartending years ago at a restaurant across the street, and have also bartended sporadically during banquets at the Delafield Hotel.

What is your favorite thing about bartending?

I love bartending for so many reasons; it is as complex an endeavor as a person wishes it to be. I love the variety, the way no 2 days are the same. Beverage alcohol is just barely younger than civilization itself, so I am a link in a very long chain between the distant past and the near future. I like making the world a better place, one great guest experience at a time. I absolutely love to learn and practice new techniques to uncover what works for me and this bar. I could go on and on.

What is the worst thing about bartending?

Realistically, everybody's got some part of their job that that aren't crazy about, but my life on my worst day is better for me than it would be for me in an office.

What is your craziest bartending story?

The base demographic of my bar is adults between their late 20's and 50's, so I don't have any crazy bartending stories - my people are adults who know how drink in a civilized way.

What is your favorite drink to make?

My favorite drink to make is the new one that helps move me forward as a mixologist. Last weekend I carbonated some margaritas, this week I'm excited about the drinks on our Spring Drinks menu, especially the Hendrick's Berry Fizz.



Hendrick's Berry Fizz

Hendrick's gin
muddled strawberries and cucumber
house-infused rose petal syrup
 topped with club soda.




What did you want to be when you grew up?


I wanted to be a writer when I was child.

Have you ever been hit on while working?

Well... it's a very social environment and we interact with our guests on a personal level, so... there you are.

Have you ever had to cut someone off?

I have rarely had to cut a guest off, but when I have it comes from a place of sincere caring, which I think people sense.

Where is your favorite place to grab a drink on your day off?

I don't really have one favorite place to grab a drink, but I like one after work sometimes (our bar is scrupulously clean and that is important to me), I've had great drinks recently at a benefit held over at Blue's Egg and also at the Iron Horse Hotel....and I'm looking forward to drinks in my backyard this summer!

What is going on at your bar?

Right now at the Waukesha Chancery, we're rolling out our Spring Drinks menu, which is all about craft: fresh ingredients, quality spirits, unique additives, all expertly prepared by professional bartenders. I am very excited about helping our team make this forward-thinking transition. We have a strong spirit-infusion program, in addition to all "the basics" like Happy Hour M-F 3-6 and also T-Th 8-11, $5 Martinis on Saturdays, Half-Price bottles of wine on Thursdays... "Like" us on Facebook and check out all our specials.


Thirsty Thursdays is brought to you by Eat MKE, and by The Larry Miller Drinking Society, and by YOUR BAR HERE.




Chancery Pub on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Dy is a wonderful mixologist, blending creativity with taste. If you have a chance, go check out her skills at the Chancery!

    ReplyDelete